Our 3-day Ultimate K’gari Adventure Package begins with a coastal Noosa and Cooloola scenic flight by small private plane charter for 2.
Crossing over the Great Sandy Strait from Rainbow Beach, we begin a low-flying aerial circumnavigation of K’gari, with a landing in the remote north of the island at Orchid Beach. After refreshments at the iconic Orchid Beach Trading Post and Driftwood Bar, we continue our aerial adventure to the northernmost point at Sandy Cape Light House before turning to fly over pristine Platypus Bay to Hervey Bay.
In Hervey Bay you will be transferred to the barge to reach Kingfisher Bay Resort, to begin your on-island 2-night stay and 4WD adventure.
Days 2 and 3 will be spent exploring the island with the Fraser Explorer Tours eco-guides and visiting K’gari’s most iconic sites in the air-conditioned comfort of your 24-seater 4WD coach.
Your ultimate K’gari adventure concludes with an air taxi flight home to Noosa or the Sunshine Coast Airport from Hervey Bay, arriving by approximately 6pm.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up from Noosa Heads or Noosa Marina 15 mins prior|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10:15 from Noosa (or 10:00 from Sunshine Coast Airport for arrivals before 9:30)|
|INCLUDED||90-min scenic air touring and 45 min air taxi for return|
This is a private air charter for 2, with small group tours of up to 24 people on K’gari. Prices are per person based on travel from 22nd January 2022.
Please enquire for rates and availability for 3 or more persons, or for travel prior to 22nd January 2022, to [email protected]
Please choose your departure and return airports at time of booking: Noosa, Gympie or Sunshine Coast Airport.
*Aircraft operated by Wide Bay Air Charter AOC CASA.TAAOC.0710
NB: Itinerary, schedule and aircraft type may be subject to change due to weather, government directives and other operational considerations. Passenger weight restrictions apply – maximum 120kgs per person. Luggage maximum 10kgs per person in a soft overnight bag.
To book or for enquiries email [email protected]
Your adventure begins with a 90-minute scenic flight from Noosa to the remote north of K’gari before turning to fly over the Great Sandy Strait to Hervey Bay. A 30-minute stop at Orchid Beach is included.
On landing at Hervey Bay, travel from River Heads on the 1pm barge crossing to arrive at Kingfisher Bay Resort on K’gari.
Check-in to accommodation (after 2.00pm). The rest of the day is at your leisure to enjoy the resort’s facilities and optional activities.
• Lake McKenzie – K’gari’s most iconic swimming spot! Relax along the pristine white silica shore and
be immersed in the crystal-clear fresh water nestled amongst the sand dunes.
• Central Station – Admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore along the rainforest
boardwalk with an expert local guide.
• Pile Valley – Wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old satinay trees
and towering palms.
• 75 Mile Beach – Cruise K’gari’s golden beach highway and discover the hidden gems only the locals
know about. Guest’s can join the Air Fraser team for a scenic joy-flight over the island (optional extra).
• Eli Creek – Wade through the cool shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
• Maheno Shipwreck – Visit the famous rustic ruins that was once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore
in 1935 it is now a photographer’s paradise and historic wonder.
• The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – Be amazed by these spectacularly techni-coloured sand cliffs and
the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed. There are 72 different colours to see!
• Indian Head – As the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles, rays and whales
(August to October) are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland.
• Champagne Pools – Experience this amazing natural jacuzzi, as crashing waves meet the volcanic
rock pools along the shore. It’s only saltwater swimming spot on 75 Mile Beach.
• Lake Wabby – Trek across the shifting golden sands of the Hammerstone sandblow, and arrive at
this hidden gem; a window and barrage lake, with glistening emerald green depths. (Please note:
this is a 4km return walk through bushland and across soft sands – a moderate fitness level is required.
The Lake Wabby walk is an optional activity).
5.00pm: Return ferry transfer back to the mainland.
5.50pm Arrival back at River Heads and transfer to airport for return air taxi private charter to your point of departure. (your flight will arrive between 6:30 and 7pm depending on the airport chosen)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.